Your Longevity Blueprint and Thyroid Health with Dr. Stephanie Gray
“There’s no pill, potion, or powder that’s going to replace positive lifestyle changes.” – Dr. Stephanie Gray
Dr. Stephanie Gray is a functional medicine provider who helps men and women build sustainable and optimal health and longevity so that they can focus on what matters most to them.
While going through a health crisis of her own, Dr. Stephanie recognized how overwhelming the options available through functional medicine could be. To solve this problem, she decided that patients needed a functional medicine blueprint to help them navigate the challenges that conventional medicine couldn’t address.
In Your Longevity Blueprint, Dr. Stephanie describes how your organs and body systems work together to build your longevity, using the analogy of building a home. She believes you need a blueprint to ensure every body system is addressed to have a long and healthy life.
In this conversation, Dr. Stephanie and I discuss how a personal health challenge fed her passion for functional medicine, the big difference between functional and conventional medicine, how Your Longevity Blueprint can empower you to overcome health challenges and rebuild your health, what you need to know about hormone replacement therapy, and more. Enjoy the episode!
About Dr. Stephanie Gray
Stephanie Gray, DNP, MS, ARNP, AGNP-C, ABAAHP, FAARFM, is a functional medicine provider who helps men and women build sustainable and optimal health and longevity so that they can focus on what matters most to them! She helps women in mid-life who feel like their bodies have betrayed them step back into their bodies by restoring optimal hormone levels to regain their sleep, figure, mood, and feel amazing once again. She is known for keeping hormone replacement therapy sexy, safe, and effective. She has been working as a nurse practitioner since 2009. She completed her doctorate focusing on estrogen metabolism from the University of Iowa in 2011.
Additionally, she has a Masters in Metabolic Nutritional Medicine from the University of South Florida’s Medical School. Her expertise lies in integrative, anti-aging, and functional medicine. She is arguably one of the midwest’s most credentialed female healthcare providers combining many certifications and trainings. She completed an Advanced Fellowship in Anti-Aging Regenerative and Functional medicine in 2013. She became the first BioTe-certified provider in Iowa to administer hormone pellets also in 2013. She has appeared on numerous podcasts, summits, and TV interviews.
Stephanie is a contributor to various health publications, including mindbodygreen. She is the initial author of the FNP Mastery App and an Amazon best-selling author of her book Your Longevity Blueprint. She is host of the Your Longevity Blueprint podcast and co-founder of Your Longevity Blueprint Nutraceuticals with her husband, Eric and they enjoy spending time outdoors with their son William. They founded the Integrative Health and Hormone Clinic in Hiawatha, Iowa.
During this episode, you’ll learn about:
- The personal health crisis that fueled Dr. Stephanie’s passion for functional medicine
- Getting to the root cause of Dr. Stephanie’s atrial tachycardia
- Differentiating between functional and conventional medicine
- The inspiration behind Your Longevity Blueprint
- How your organs and body systems work together to build your longevity
- Factors to consider when it comes to hormone replacement
- Why comprehensive testing is crucial
- Common symptoms of hormone imbalances
- The types of tests Dr. Stephanie recommends
- The role of hormones in the aging process and their relationship with longevity
- Synthetic versus natural hormones
- Clarifying the misinformation about the dangers of hormone replacement therapy
- Reducing stress eliminating environmental toxins, and fixing nutritional deficiencies are key steps in optimizing your hormones
- Why Dr. Stephanie usually starts with food sensitivity testing
- Deciding between different formats of hormone replacement
- Dispelling the myth that hormone replacement causes cancer
- Testing and supporting estrogen metabolism
- Getting the support of a qualified practitioner makes a big difference
Connect with Dr. Stephanie Gray
- Dr. Stephanie Gray’s Website | YourLongevityBlueprint.com – use Dr. Stephanie’s code Thanks10 for 10% off purchases on YourLongevityBlueprint.com
- The Longevity Blueprint Podcast
- Free eBook | How To Create Resilient Health
- Dr. Stephanie Gray on Instagram @StephanieGrayDNP
- Dr. Stephanie Gray on Facebook
- Dr. Stephanie Gray on YouTube
- Dr. Stephanie Gray’s Integrative Health and Hormone Clinic Website | IHHClinic.com
- Integrative Health and Hormone Clinic on Facebook
Mentioned in the episode
Free resources for your thyroid health
Get your FREE Thyroid and Immune Health Restoration Action Points Checklist at SaveMyThyroidChecklist.com
Do You Want Help Saving Your Thyroid?
Click Here to access hundreds of free articles and blog posts.
Click Here for Dr. Eric’s YouTube channel
Click Here to join Dr. Eric’s Graves’ disease and Hashimoto’s group
Click Here to work with Dr. Eric
Listen to the episode on your favorite app
Click Here To listen to this episode on Apple Podcasts
Click Here To listen to this episode on Spotify
Click Here to listen to the episode on Stitcher