Q & A EPISODE
Your Hyperthyroid Questions Answered!!!
What can be used naturally to reduce a hyperthyroidism goiter? How can I know if I have Graves’ disease or subclinical hyperthyroidism? Will eye puffiness and protrusion associated with Graves’ disease ever go away?
Today, I’m back with another Q&A episode, answering multiple questions submitted by the Save My Thyroid community. While I can’t get to everyone’s questions every time, I love creating these for you, and I’ll do similar episodes every couple of months. Please share your questions with me by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, and I’ll include the most relevant ones in upcoming episodes.
During this episode, you’ll learn:
- Q1: How can I know if I have Graves’ disease or subclinical hyperthyroidism, which will go away?
- Differences in the diagnostic criteria for Graves’ disease and subclinical hyperthyroidism
- The markers that characterize subclinical Graves’ disease
- Recognizing that, in most cases, you’ll want to do things to address the underlying cause of the problem
- Q2: Can I treat my hyperthyroidism with only bugleweed, motherwort, and lemon balm? If so, how long should I use these herbs to treat my condition?
- My experience with taking herbs alone when dealing with Graves’ disease
- What I’ve seen with clients who have used herbs alone and those who have used medication
- How to use testing to monitor the effectiveness of your herbal protocol
- Q3: What is the best way to figure out how to make thyroid-stimulating antibodies drop? Is there a hierarchy of things to do first?
- Why I recommend starting with diet and lifestyle
- The tests I prefer to start my clients with and the factors to consider
- Q4: What can be used naturally to reduce a hyperthyroidism goiter?
- Why goiters occur and why you have to take a broader approach to resolving the issue
- Q5: I’ve just relapsed after 11 months of being medication-free and radically altering my diet. Before that, I was on medication for ten years. My endocrinologist is adamant that I need to have radioactive iodine treatment, which I have no intention of having. I’m 50 years old; could my relapse be due to the onset of menopause? If so, what natural remedies can I take to help?
- Changing hormones can be a factor – if not a trigger – of hyperthyroidism
- Why you may need to go beyond diet and lifestyle alone
- Doing the detective work to figure out the underlying causes
- The benefits of working with a practitioner
- Dr. Eric’s Book | Natural Treatment Solutions for Hyperthyroidism and Graves’ Disease
- Q6: What kind of exercise is okay for someone with Graves’ disease? My heart rate gets very high sometimes when working out, so I don’t know what’s best.
- Save My Thyroid | Episode 39: Exercise and Hyperthyroidism
- Why I advise caution with cardiovascular exercise and recommend weight-bearing exercises
- Q7: How can I alleviate the eye puffiness and protrusion associated with Graves’ disease? Does it ever go away completely?
- The severity of thyroid eye disease will usually determine whether it will go away completely
- Natural treatments that can help with thyroid eye disease
- ThyroSave Supplement | SMT-BerbALA
- Save My Thyroid
- Q8: I have Grave’s and have been on carbimazole for two years now. Wearing a continuous glucose monitor for the last few weeks showed me I am in the pre-diabetic category with my blood sugar. I’ve since learned that dysglycemia is very common with hyperthyroidism, which the endocrinologist never mentioned. What is your advice for dealing with dysglycemia? Should I be following the same advice that is recommended for reversing pre-diabetes?
- Save My Thyroid | Episode 113: Overcoming Insulin Resistance and Type 2 Diabetes with Dr. Beverly Yates
- There’s usually an inflammatory component that needs to be addressed, which can be challenging
- Save My Thyroid | Episode 53: Addressing Insulin Resistance and Thyroid Hormone Resistance with Dr. Ritamarie Loscalzo
- Q9: I recently had a molar extraction and a bone graft done. I’m supposed to get a titanium implant done next. Is it safe to have titanium drilled into my gum?
- Why I chose to get a zirconia dental implant
- Working with a biological dentist
- The International Academy of Oral Medicine & Toxicology Website | Find a Biological Dentist
- Save My Thyroid | Episode 64: Biological Dentistry and Thyroid Health with Dr. Eric Kempter
- Q10: I’m curious about the effects of Thytrophin PMG® on Graves’ disease hyperthyroidism. My nutritionist keeps suggesting it, but my hyperthyroidism six months into diagnosis has turned hypo as the doctor, and I now have begun reducing the methimazole.
- How Thytrophin PMG® works as a decoy for autoimmune conditions
- Testing you can use to help determine if it would be valuable for you
- Why Thytrophin PMG® is often more helpful for Hashimoto’s than Graves’
- Q11: I’ve lost 50 pounds due to hyperthyroidism. I do not want to work with a medical doctor for this as he wanted to remove my thyroid and said I just have to take a little pill each day, which is thyroid hormone. Can you suggest some things I might do to encourage weight gain?
- The important thing is to lower the thyroid levels
- Using medication or herbs to encourage weight gain
- Save My Thyroid
- Q12: Which potent remedy would you prescribe for hyperthyroidism patients to provide immediate relief of acute insomnia and palpitations, pending access to hyperthyroidism treatment?
- Natural remedies that can provide relief for acute insomnia and palpitations
- Addressing the root cause of the hyperthyroidism is essential
As always, I hope you found this episode valuable, and I look forward to catching you in the next episode!
Free resources for your thyroid health
Get your FREE Thyroid and Immune Health Restoration Action Points Checklist at SaveMyThyroidChecklist.com
High-Quality Nutritional Supplements For Hyperthyroidism and Hashimoto’s
Have you checked out my new ThyroSave supplement line? These high-quality supplements can benefit those with hyperthyroidism and Hashimoto’s, and you can receive special offers, along with 10% off your first order, by signing up for emails and text messages when you visit ThyroSave.com.
Do You Want Help Saving Your Thyroid?
Click Here to access hundreds of free articles and blog posts.
Click Here for Dr. Eric’s YouTube channel
Click Here to join Dr. Eric’s Graves’ disease and Hashimoto’s group
Click Here to take the Thyroid Saving Score Quiz
Click Here to work with Dr. Eric
Listen to this episode on your favorite app
Follow or Subscribe for free to the Save My Thyroid podcast to stay up to date on the latest thyroid health-related topics.
Click Here To listen to this episode on Apple Podcasts
Click Here To listen to this episode on Spotify
Click Here To listen to the episode on Google Podcasts