Q & A EPISODE
Weighing The Risks and Benefits of Thyroid Medication
Many people with hyperthyroidism take anti-thyroid medication, and many with Hashimoto’s take thyroid hormone replacement. Despite that, it’s not uncommon for people to be cautious about both of these routes.
Even though I chose the alternative route when I dealt with Graves’ disease, there is a time and place for thyroid medication, and for some people, it is truly necessary.
Today, I’m talking about the risks versus benefits of anti-thyroid medication and thyroid hormone replacement, when it’s necessary to take these, common dosing recommendations, and alternative options.
During this episode, you’ll learn about:
- Circumstances where anti-thyroid medication is prescribed
- Why methimazole is prescribed more often than PTU
- Recognizing that herbs can be effective, but they are not the right solution for everybody
- Dosing considerations for anti-thyroid medication
- Alternatives to anti-thyroid medications
- Most common situations where doctors prescribe thyroid hormone replacement
- Different types of thyroid hormone replacement
- Risks versus benefits of taking thyroid hormone replacement
- Why it’s crucial for each person’s needs to be evaluated on an individual basis
- Dosing of thyroid hormone
- Why it’s best to speak to a practitioner when considering alternative treatment methods
As always, I hope you found this episode valuable, and I look forward to catching you in the next episode!
Free resources for your thyroid health
Get your FREE Thyroid and Immune Health Restoration Action Points Checklist at SaveMyThyroidChecklist.com
High-Quality Nutritional Supplements For Hyperthyroidism and Hashimoto’s
Have you checked out my new ThyroSave supplement line? These high-quality supplements can benefit those with hyperthyroidism and Hashimoto’s, and you can receive special offers, along with 10% off your first order, by signing up for emails and text messages when you visit ThyroSave.com.
Do You Want Help Saving Your Thyroid?
Click Here to access hundreds of free articles and blog posts.
Click Here for Dr. Eric’s YouTube channel
Click Here to join Dr. Eric’s Graves’ disease and Hashimoto’s group
Click Here to take the Thyroid Saving Score Quiz
Click Here to work with Dr. Eric
Listen to this episode on your favorite app
Follow or Subscribe for free to the Save My Thyroid podcast to stay up to date on the latest thyroid health-related topics.
Click Here To listen to this episode on Apple Podcasts
Click Here To listen to this episode on Spotify
Click Here to listen to the episode on Google Podcasts