The Genetics of Detoxification and Thyroid Health with Dr. Rajka Milanovic Galbraith
Thyroid disorders are on the rise, and there’s a strong correlation to our increased exposure to environmental toxins.
From our water to the things we use around our homes, most of us are exposed to numerous sources of toxins every day. Today I’m joined by Dr. Rajka Milanovic Galbraith to help us to understand the genetics of detoxification and how we can best support the natural detox pathways in our bodies.
Dr. Rajka Milanovic Galbraith is a Functional Medicine MD certified by the Institute for Functional Medicine, an international speaker, a mentor to practitioners, and a high-performance coach. She helps high-performing leaders, celebrities, entrepreneurs, and CEOs regain energy to increase their performance, productivity, and impact. Dr. Rajka has expertise in anti-aging medicine, nutrigenomics, bio-identical hormone replacement therapy, and peptides. She sees patients at the clinic she founded: Simply Health Institute outside of Chicago, IL, and leads online group programs.
In this episode, Dr. Rajka shares her experience with Hashimoto’s and having her gall bladder removed, how she became interested in genetics, what we can do about oxidative stress, why diet and lifestyle are crucial factors in supporting detoxification, who should consider genetic testing, how you can customize your supplementation based on your genetics, and more.
During this episode, you’ll learn about:
- How Dr. Rajka’s Hashimoto’s diagnosis put her on the path of diving into nutritional genetics
- The rise in thyroid disorders and its correlation with increased exposure to environmental toxins
- Three phases of detoxification
- How the standard American diet puts us at a disadvantage when it comes to detoxification
- What is oxidative stress?
- Finding appropriate supplement routines when you know your genetic status
- Why IV glutathione is not appropriate for everyone
- A healthy gut supports your detoxification pathways
- Dr. Rajka’s 3D Protocol
- The right approach to detoxification
- Dr. Rajka’s approach to diet and supplementation after gall bladder removal
- PEMT gene mutation and associated conditions
- How your lifestyle impacts oxidative stress
- Testing and markers of oxidative stress
- When to consider genetic testing
- Epigenetic testing for aging
- How to start a meditation and movement routine
- The power of breathwork
- Why it’s so important to work with a knowledgeable guide on your health journey
Connect with Dr. Rajka Milanovic Galbraith
- Dr. Rajka Milanovic Galbraith’s Website | DrRajka.com
- Dr. Rajka Milanovic Galbraith’s 2-Minute Energy Quiz – Learn What’s Preventing Your Peak Performance
- Dr. Rajka Milanovic Galbraith on Facebook
- Dr. Rajka Milanovic Galbraith on Instagram | @DrRajka
Mentioned in this episode
Free resources for your thyroid health
Get your FREE Thyroid and Immune Health Restoration Action Points Checklist at SaveMyThyroidChecklist.com
Do You Want Help Saving Your Thyroid?
Click Here to access hundreds of free articles and blog posts.
Click Here for Dr. Eric’s YouTube channel
Click Here to join Dr. Eric’s Graves’ disease and Hashimoto’s group
Click Here to work with Dr. Eric
Listen to the episode on your favorite app
Click Here To listen to this episode on Apple Podcasts
Click Here To listen to this episode on Spotify
Click Here to listen to the episode on Stitcher
Click Here to access the transcript