Restoring Mitochondrial Health with Laura Frontiero
If you want to optimize your health, you need healthy mitochondria.
Joining me to talk about mitochondrial health is functional medicine Nurse Practitioner Laura Frontiero. Laura has served thousands of patients as a Nurse Practitioner over the last 22 years, and her work in the health industry marries both traditional and functional medicine.
Laura’s online and virtual wellness programs help her high-performing clients boost energy, renew mental focus, feel great in their bodies, and be productive again. She believes that to create optimal wellness, we first need to identify and clear the root causes of our health problems, usually toxins, chronic infections, and stress; then eliminate inflammation, and restore gut and mitochondria health.
Laura’s signature system helps reclaim what she calls the “Energy Edge.” For each person, it’s a unique journey back to their peak mental, physical, and biological performance. When your body is bio-optimized and operating at your “Energy Edge,” you are unstoppable, productive, happy, and fulfilled.
In this episode, we talk about why Laura’s transitioned to specializing in functional medicine, the numerous critical functions of mitochondria, how you might be damaging your mitochondria, what you can do to restore mitochondrial function, the connection between mitochondrial damage and chronic health issues, testing for mitochondrial damage, detoxification protocols, and more.
If you enjoyed this episode, I highly encourage you to check out the upcoming Restore Your Mitochondrial Matrix Summit, where I’ll be a guest speaker. You’ll hear from lots of different speakers on topics like how to restore your energy, reduce brain fog, and more. Learn more and register for free by clicking here.
During this episode, you’ll learn about:
- Laura’s transition from Nurse Practitioner at the largest HMO to specializing in functional medicine
- Preventative medicine’s focus on detection
- The invisible energy supplied by mitochondria
- Mitochondria need certain conditions to thrive
- Numerous vital functions performed by mitochondria
- Strong mitochondrial health helps us avoid chronic health problems
- Typical diet and lifestyle choices that damage our mitochondria
- The downward spiral from metabolic instability to chronic disease
- Testing for mitochondrial issues
- Signs that you should consider mycotoxin testing
- Start with your nutrition to restore mitochondrial function
- Reducing stress and improving sleep are both critical to healing your body
- Diet and lifestyle adjustments that support mitochondrial function
- Advantages of working on detoxification with a practitioner
- Gut health is foundational to wellness and a healthy immune system
- Laura’s upcoming summit: Restore Your Mitochondrial Matrix
Connect with Laura Frontiero
- Restore Your Mitochondrial Matrix Summit: Boost Your Energy, Fix Your Health | Register for Free
- Laura Frontiero’s Website | LauraFrontiero.com
- Laura Frontiero on Instagram | @laura.frontiero
- Laura Frontiero on Facebook | @LauraFrontieroNP
- Laura Frontiero on TikTok | @laura.frontiero
Free resources for your thyroid health
Get your FREE Thyroid and Immune Health Restoration Action Points Checklist at SaveMyThyroidChecklist.com
Do You Want Help Saving Your Thyroid?
Click Here to access hundreds of free articles and blog posts.
Click Here for Dr. Eric’s YouTube channel
Click Here to join Dr. Eric’s Graves’ disease and Hashimoto’s group
Click Here to work with Dr. Eric
Listen to the episode on your favorite app
Click Here To listen to this episode on Apple Podcasts
Click Here To listen to this episode on Spotify
Click Here to listen to the episode on Stitcher
Click Here to access the transcript for this episode