Redefining Autoimmune Conditions and How To Address Them Naturally
Whether it’s Graves’, Hashimoto’s, or multiple sclerosis, when you have an autoimmune condition, your body suffers from chronic inflammation.
Our food supply has many inflammatory triggers, and everybody has a unique tolerance threshold regarding how many toxins they can manage while maintaining a healthy appearance. Once you pass that threshold, you enter into autoimmunity, and it takes a lot of sustained effort to bring yourself back below that threshold.
Today I’m joined by naturopath and author Elizabeth Yarnell to talk about her approach to anti-inflammatory strategies. Since being diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in 1999, Elizabeth Yarnell has been on a mission to redefine MS and autoimmunity naturally as a traditional naturopath and Certified LEAP Therapist. She has worked with hundreds of MS and other autoimmune sufferers in her nationwide clinic, using unique, personalized non-pharmaceutical therapies to empower them to reclaim their health.
In this conversation, Elizabeth and I dive into the connection between inflammation and autoimmunity, why most of us could benefit from reducing our inflammatory triggers, food sensitivities and the differences between IgG and MRT testing, Elizabeth’s natural approach to treating parasite infections, and more. I received a lot of feedback the first time Elizabeth was here, and I’m sure you’ll get a lot of value from this one. Enjoy the episode!
About Elizabeth Yarnell
Since being diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in 1999, Elizabeth Yarnell has been on a mission to redefine MS and autoimmunity naturally as a traditional naturopath and Certified LEAP Therapist. She has worked with hundreds of MS and other autoimmune sufferers in her nationwide clinic, using unique, personalized non-pharmaceutical therapies to empower them to reclaim their health. She’s a TEDx speaker and award-winning author whose cookbook has sold more than 70,000 copies, and a patented inventor. She has been featured on CBS, NBC, ABC, and PBS as well as in Good Housekeeping, Health, Martha Stewart Living Radio, and many other outlets. Her next book— about redefining Multiple Sclerosis— comes out in 2023.
During this episode, you’ll learn:
- Elizabeth’s multiple sclerosis diagnosis
- What you need to understand about autoimmune conditions
- Common inflammatory triggers and how they contribute to autoimmunity
- Why Elizabeth is very wary about food dyes
- Food sensitivities and the Mediator Release Test (MRT®)
- The differences between IgG and MRT food sensitivity testing
- Benefits of LEAP dietary therapy
- Common sources of parasites
- Why Elizabeth believes hidden parasitic infections are at the root of most chronic inflammatory conditions
- Elizabeth’s herbal protocol for parasites
Connect with Elizabeth Yarnell
- Elizabeth Yarnell’s Website | ElizabethYarnell.com
- Elizabeth Yarnell’s Book | The Multiple Sclerosis Inflammation Connection
- Elizabeth Yarnell’s TEDx Talk | We are what we eat — poisons in our everyday foods
- Elizabeth Yarnell’s Inflammation Quiz
- Elizabeth Yarnell on Instagram @elizabethyarnell_naturopath
- Elizabeth Yarnell on Twitter @ElizabethYarnel
- Elizabeth Yarnell on Facebook
Mentioned in the episode
Free resources for your thyroid health
Get your FREE Thyroid and Immune Health Restoration Action Points Checklist at SaveMyThyroidChecklist.com
Do You Want Help Saving Your Thyroid?
Click Here to access hundreds of free articles and blog posts.
Click Here for Dr. Eric’s YouTube channel
Click Here to join Dr. Eric’s Graves’ disease and Hashimoto’s group
Click Here to work with Dr. Eric
Listen to the episode on your favorite app
Click Here To listen to this episode on Apple Podcasts
Click Here To listen to this episode on Spotify
Click Here to listen to the episode on Stitcher
Click Here to access the transcript for this episode