Q & A EPISODE
Oxalates and Thyroid Health
Oxalates are small molecules that have the ability to form crystals. These crystals can, in turn, deposit in different areas of the body, including the thyroid gland, and impair thyroid function.
Outside of the impact on thyroid health, oxalates can deposit in areas such as the kidneys, bones, brain, skin, and nervous tissue and cause symptoms including muscle and joint pain and even fibromyalgia-like discomfort.
Today I’m sharing everything you need to know about oxalates, where they are found, why you might want to moderate your intake, and what to do if you have high oxalate levels.
During this episode, you’ll learn:
- The relationship between oxalates and kidney stones
- Four leading causes of elevated oxalate levels
- Special considerations for Vitamin C
- Common symptoms of high oxalate levels
- Foods that are high in oxalates
- My moderate approach to managing dietary sources of oxalates
- Conditions associated with high oxalates
- What research shows about how oxalates can impact thyroid health
- Testing for oxalates and the potential for false positives
- How to lower oxalate levels
- Action steps to take if you have high oxalate levels
As always, I hope you found this episode valuable, and I look forward to catching you in the next episode!
Mentioned in this episode
- Natural Endocrine Solutions Articles
- Sally K. Norton | Toxic Superfoods: How Oxalate Overload Is Making You Sick–and How to Get Better
- Trying Low Oxalates (TLO) Facebook Group
Free resources for your thyroid health
Get your FREE Thyroid and Immune Health Restoration Action Points Checklist at SaveMyThyroidChecklist.com
High-Quality Nutritional Supplements For Hyperthyroidism and Hashimoto’s
Have you checked out my new ThyroSave supplement line? These high-quality supplements can benefit those with hyperthyroidism and Hashimoto’s, and you can receive special offers, along with 10% off your first order, by signing up for emails and text messages when you visit ThyroSave.com.
Do You Want Help Saving Your Thyroid?
Click Here to access hundreds of free articles and blog posts.
Click Here for Dr. Eric’s YouTube channel
Click Here to join Dr. Eric’s Graves’ disease and Hashimoto’s group
Click Here to take the Thyroid Saving Score Quiz
Click Here to work with Dr. Eric
Listen to this episode on your favorite app
Follow or Subscribe for free to the Save My Thyroid podcast to stay up to date on the latest thyroid health-related topics.
Click Here To listen to this episode on Apple Podcasts
Click Here To listen to this episode on Spotify
Click Here to listen to the episode on Stitcher