Overcoming Allergies, Asthma, and Lyme Disease with Dr. Darin Ingels
Your environment plays a central role in your health, and immune dysfunction is at play alongside many conditions.
An allergy is an overreaction of your immune system to something in your environment, and persistent infections like Lyme tend to make your immune system hypersensitive to your world. Unfortunately, we still don’t fully understand what makes some people sensitive to particular allergens, and some countries have a wildly different rate than others.
Today, Dr. Darin Ingels joins us to chat about allergies, asthma, and Lyme Disease. Dr. Darin is a Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine. His practice focuses on environmental medicine and using diet, nutrients, herbs, homeopathy, immunotherapy, and conventional medical therapies to help his patients achieve better health.
In this conversation, Dr. Darin discusses why looking at the whole person is essential, not just the infection itself. He shares his journey with overcoming Lyme, what you need to know about allergy testing, the connection between asthma and allergies, food sensitivities and gut health, natural alternatives for managing allergies, using immunotherapy to help modulate the immune system response, and more. Enjoy the episode!
About Dr. Darin Ingels
Dr. Darin Ingels is a licensed naturopathic doctor, author, international speaker, and leading authority on Lyme disease.
He is a former Lyme patient who overcame his own 3-year battle with Lyme disease, after having failed conventional treatment and became progressively debilitated. Dr. Ingels found that proper diet, lifestyle management and natural therapies worked with his body to heal instead of against it. He then applied what he learned about his own healing journey to his own Lyme patients and found they recovered faster and with less side effects. Dr. Ingels has now treated more than 8000 Lyme patients using his novel approach, many who have gone on to live healthy, symptom-free lives.
Dr. Ingels has been featured on WebMD, MindBodyGreen, BeWell, ThriveGlobal, Motherly and Dr. Ron Hoffman’s Intelligent Medicine podcast and is the author of The Lyme Solution: A 5-Part Plan to Fight the Inflammatory Autoimmune Response and Beat Lyme Disease.
During this episode, you’ll learn:
- Dr. Darin’s background as an environmental medicine doctor
- How a holistic approach helped Dr. Darin overcome Lyme disease when conventional treatment stopped working
- The connection between Lyme disease and other infections and allergies
- Understanding allergic reactions and common symptoms
- What you need to know about different types of allergy testing
- Dr. Darin’s perspective on IgG testing for food sensitivities
- Why an elimination diet is the gold standard for food sensitivities and intolerances
- The link between asthma and food allergies
- Natural alternatives for managing allergies and asthma
- How immunotherapy is used for controlling allergies
- What you need to know about sub-lingual immunotherapy vs. low-dose allergy therapy (LDA)
- How you can find an environmental medicine doctor in your area
- Lyme and stealth infections as triggers for thyroid autoimmunity
- My recommendations for treating Epstein–Barr virus
Connect with Dr. Darin Ingels
- Registration Link to the Allergies and Asthma Summit: https://allergiesandasthma.byhealthmeans.com/?idev_id=1822
- Dr. Darin Ingels’ Website | DarinIngelsND.com
- Dr. Darin Ingels’ Book | The Lyme Solution: A 5-Part Plan to Fight the Inflammatory Auto-Immune Response and Beat Lyme Disease
Mentioned in the episode
- The American Academy of Environmental Medicine (AAEM)
- Dr. Eric’s Book | Hashimoto’s Triggers: Eliminate Your Thyroid Symptoms By Finding And Removing Your Specific Autoimmune Triggers
Free resources for your thyroid health
Get your FREE Thyroid and Immune Health Restoration Action Points Checklist at SaveMyThyroidChecklist.com
Do You Want Help Saving Your Thyroid?
Click Here to access hundreds of free articles and blog posts.
Click Here for Dr. Eric’s YouTube channel
Click Here to join Dr. Eric’s Graves’ disease and Hashimoto’s group
Click Here to work with Dr. Eric
Listen to the episode on your favorite app
Click Here To listen to this episode on Apple Podcasts
Click Here To listen to this episode on Spotify
Click Here to listen to the episode on Stitcher