Megan Roosevelt’s Thyroid Healing Journey
“It’s crucial to learn about your body and what works well for you.” – Megan Roosevelt
Sometimes, we put a lot of pressure on ourselves to eat perfectly, as if that is the thing that will solve our health issues. The truth is that while our diet is significant, it’s only one piece of the holistic health picture. From personal care products to the water we drink and the mental and emotional stressors we encounter, many factors in our daily lives contribute to our overall health.
Instead of trying to perfectly master a checklist of rules, incorporating healthier systems and techniques into your daily life can contribute significantly to your healing journey.
Today, I’m joined by Megan Roosevelt, a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, author, photographer, videographer, founder of Healthy Grocery Girl, and creator of the Thyroid Balance Course. Megan takes a holistic approach to wellness by focusing on the whole body in addition to nutrition. Megan is a mom of 2 and passionate about helping people live their healthiest lives.
In this conversion, Megan and I talk about her story, from initial symptoms and diagnosis to her decision to forgo conventional medication in favor of natural methods, the importance of personalized care, the role of nutrition in supporting thyroid health, the use of both herbal remedies and supplements in thyroid management, and more. Enjoy the episode!
During this episode, you’ll learn about:
- Megan’s background as a dietitian and nutrition coach
- The evolution of Megan’s popular YouTube channel, Healthy Grocery Girl
- Getting diagnosed with Graves’s disease and deciding to share her story publicly
- The symptoms Megan experienced with Graves’ disease and why she didn’t notice them at first
- Deciding whether to take medication or explore natural options for managing Graves’ disease
- What went into Megan’s dietary choices before, during, and after dealing with Grave’s disease
- Why many of us benefit from a modified paleo diet
- Creating a unique, sustainable diet that aligns with your health needs and personal preferences
- Megan’s approach to testing and bloodwork
- Supplements and herbs for symptom management and supporting overall health
- Remembering that we need to take a holistic approach to health and not hyper-focus on diet
- Megan’s non-negotiables for her mental, emotional, and physical health
- What you’ll learn in Megan’s Thyroid Balance Course
Connect with Megan Roosevelt
- Megan Roosevelt’s Website | HealthyGroceryGirl.com
- Megan Roosevelt on YouTube | Healthy Grocery Girl
- Megan Roosevelt’s Thyroid Balance Course
Free resources for your thyroid health
Get your FREE Thyroid and Immune Health Restoration Action Points Checklist at SaveMyThyroidChecklist.com
Do You Want Help Saving Your Thyroid?
Click Here to access hundreds of free articles and blog posts.
Click Here for Dr. Eric’s YouTube channel
Click Here to join Dr. Eric’s Graves’ disease and Hashimoto’s group
Click Here to work with Dr. Eric
Listen to the episode on your favorite app
Click Here To listen to this episode on Apple Podcasts
Click Here To listen to this episode on Spotify
Click Here to listen to the episode on Google Podcasts