Male Hormones and Thyroid Health with Dr. Tracy Gapin
“The single biggest factor when it comes to low testosterone is the toxins in our environment that are crushing our health.” – Dr. Tracy Gapin
From toxins in our food to toxins in our water and personal care products, studies have shown that these physiological stressors are crushing thyroid function and healthy testosterone production and function. Add to that the chronic stress of our modern lives, and it’s no wonder many men suffer from hormone imbalances.
Today, I’m joined by Dr. Tracy Gapin to explore the topic of men’s health in more detail. Dr. Gapin is a board-certified urologist, world-renowned men’s health and performance expert, and the founder of the Gapin Institute for High Performance Health. A thought leader, professional speaker, and the author of the best-selling books Male 2.0 and Codes of Longevity, Dr. Gapin has over 20 years of experience focused on men’s health, human performance, and longevity.
In this conversation, Dr. Gapin and I discuss the reasons behind low male hormones, the role of stress in hormone imbalances, why it’s critical to address multiple systems to correct the cycle, Dr. Gapin’s approach to hormone testing, natural ways to increase testosterone, the benefits of testosterone therapy, and more. Enjoy the episode!
During this episode, you’ll learn about:
- Dr. Galpin’s transition from traditional urologist to launching the Gapin Institute
- How environmental toxins disrupt hormone function and lead to low testosterone levels
- The impact of psychological and physiological stress on hormone production and function
- How cortisol affects sleep quality and testosterone production
- Undiagnosed hypothyroidism and low testosterone levels
- Why it’s critical to take a holistic, systems approach to optimizing your hormones
- Common signs and symptoms of androgen deficiency
- The role of thyroid hormone in testosterone production
- Dr. Gapin’s recommendations for comprehensive blood, saliva, urine, and stool testing
- What you can do to increase testosterone levels naturally
- The need for balance between testosterone and estrogen in men
- When to be concerned about estrogen levels
- The numerous benefits of testosterone therapy
- Considerations for testosterone therapy in younger men
- How Dr. Gapin uses peptides in his practice
- The need for caution when purchasing peptides from direct-to-consumer sources
- Four leading causes of erectile dysfunction
- Dr. Gapin’s three-pronged approach to health
- What you need to know about testosterone therapy
- Effects of stopping testosterone therapy
Connect with Dr. Tracy Gapin
- Dr. Tracy Gapin’s Website | DrTracyGapin.com
- Gapin Institute Website | GapinInstitute.com
- Dr. Tracy Gapin’s Book | Male 2.0: Cracking the Code to Limitless Health and Vitality
Free resources for your thyroid health
Get your FREE Thyroid and Immune Health Restoration Action Points Checklist at SaveMyThyroidChecklist.com
Do You Want Help Saving Your Thyroid?
Click Here to access hundreds of free articles and blog posts.
Click Here for Dr. Eric’s YouTube channel
Click Here to join Dr. Eric’s Graves’ disease and Hashimoto’s group
Click Here to work with Dr. Eric
Listen to the episode on your favorite app
Click Here To listen to this episode on Apple Podcasts
Click Here To listen to this episode on Spotify
Click Here to listen to the episode on Google Podcasts