Q & A EPISODE
Lemon Balm and Hyperthyroidism
Lemon balm is a herb used throughout history for treating many ailments. In my practice, I commonly recommend lemon balm for anxiety and sleep problems, but based on the research, there are potential benefits for those with hyperthyroidism.
Before diving in, let me share a bit about my experience with this herb. When I was dealing with Graves’ disease, I didn’t take lemon balm simply because I wasn’t familiar with it at the time. However, after researching its incredible benefits, I’m convinced it could have really helped me.
Today I’m sharing several research studies and discussing the benefits and potential risks of using lemon balm and why I decided to make it a part of my thyroid calming bundle.
During this episode, you’ll learn:
- Different conditions for which lemon balm has historically been used
- The many beneficial properties of lemon balm
- Potential risks associated with lemon balm
- What research shows about the cardioprotective effect of lemon balm
- Bugleweed and lemon balm for the treatment of Graves’
- Evidence of anti-thyroid activity
- How I typically use lemon balm in my practice
As always, I hope you found this episode valuable, and I look forward to catching you in the next episode!
Mentioned in this episode
- ThyroSave Thyroid Calming Bundle
- Zam, Wissam et al. “An Updated Review on The Properties of Melissa officinalis L.: Not Exclusively Anti-anxiety.” Frontiers in bioscience (Scholar edition) vol. 14,2 (2022): 16.
- Draginic, Nevena et al. “Melissa officinalis L. as a Nutritional Strategy for Cardioprotection.” Frontiers in physiology vol. 12 661778. 22 Apr. 2021
- Kaplan D, Dosiou C. Two Cases of Graves’ Hyperthyroidism Treated With Homeopathic Remedies Containing Herbal Extracts from Lycopus spp. and Melissa officinalis. Journal of the Endocrine Society. 2021;5(Supplement_1):A971-A971.
- Article | Herbs for Potential Adjunct Treatment of Thyroid Disease A Review of Botanical Preparations for Hypo- and Hyperthyroidism, Thyroid Nodules, and Thyroid Cancer
Free resources for your thyroid health
Get your FREE Thyroid and Immune Health Restoration Action Points Checklist at SaveMyThyroidChecklist.com
High-Quality Nutritional Supplements For Hyperthyroidism and Hashimoto’s
Have you checked out my new ThyroSave supplement line? These high-quality supplements can benefit those with hyperthyroidism and Hashimoto’s, and you can receive special offers, along with 10% off your first order, by signing up for emails and text messages when you visit ThyroSave.com.
Do You Want Help Saving Your Thyroid?
Click Here to access hundreds of free articles and blog posts.
Click Here for Dr. Eric’s YouTube channel
Click Here to join Dr. Eric’s Graves’ disease and Hashimoto’s group
Click Here to take the Thyroid Saving Score Quiz
Click Here to work with Dr. Eric
Listen to this episode on your favorite app
Follow or Subscribe for free to the Save My Thyroid podcast to stay up to date on the latest thyroid health-related topics.
Click Here To listen to this episode on Apple Podcasts
Click Here To listen to this episode on Spotify
Click Here to listen to the episode on Stitcher