Increasing Bone Density with Kevin Ellis (the Bone Coach)
Bone health is not a quick fix; it’s a long game.
As people with thyroid and autoimmune thyroid conditions, we’re at a higher risk of decreased bone density. Optimizing your bone health goes beyond adding supplements to your diet; it requires a targeted approach to your diet and lifestyle.
Kevin Ellis, also known as the Bone Coach, is a certified Integrative Nutrition health coach, podcaster, YouTuber, bone health advocate, and the founder of BoneCoach™, where he and his team have helped people in over 1,500 cities around the world. After an osteoporosis diagnosis in his early 30s, he realized just how challenging it could be for the average person to make sense of what needs to be done to improve and how to move forward confidently with a stronger bones plan.
Kevin has transformed his health and made continued progress on his journey. He’s now dedicated his life to helping women with osteopenia and osteoporosis gain clarity and confidence that improving is possible. His mission is not just to help over 1+ million people around the globe build stronger bones; it’s to help our children and grandchildren have the education, resources, and nourishment needed to prevent osteoporosis and other diseases in the future so they can lead long, active lives.
In this episode, Kevin and I discuss how to increase bone density, how osteoporosis and osteopenia are diagnosed, risk factors for bone loss, risks vs. benefits of osteoporosis medications, natural sources and supplements to consider adding to your diet, the most beneficial types of exercise for your bone health, and more.
During this episode, you’ll learn about:
- Kevin’s osteoporosis diagnosis at 30 years old
- Why Kevin became the BoneCoach™ and his mission to help people build stronger bones
- How osteoporosis and osteopenia are diagnosed
- When and why you should consider getting a DEXA scan
- Osteoporosis risk factors for males
- Thyroid conditions that can contribute to osteoporosis
- Common medications and conditions that can contribute to bone loss
- Anything that’s increasing inflammation in the body is going to contribute to bone loss
- The two classes of osteoporosis medications
- Benefits and risks of osteoporosis medications
- How many people end up on an endless cycle of medication
- There’s no one specific diet approach for every person
- Dietary guidelines to support your bone health
- The benefits of low oxalate foods
- The importance of muscle for bone health
- Incorporating different types of exercise into your routine
- Play the long game with your bone health
- Kevin’s recommendations for bone-friendly vitamins and minerals
- The best forms of dairy to consume
Connect with Kevin Ellis, the BoneCoach™
- Access the FREE Stronger Bones Masterclass
- Kevin Ellis’ Website | BoneCoach.com
- The BoneCoach Podcast
- Kevin Ellis on Instagram @BoneCoachKevin
Free resources for your thyroid health
Get your FREE Thyroid and Immune Health Restoration Action Points Checklist at SaveMyThyroidChecklist.com
Do You Want Help Saving Your Thyroid?
Click Here to access hundreds of free articles and blog posts.
Click Here for Dr. Eric’s YouTube channel
Click Here to join Dr. Eric’s Graves’ disease and Hashimoto’s group
Click Here to work with Dr. Eric
Listen to the episode on your favorite app
Click Here To listen to this episode on Apple Podcasts
Click Here To listen to this episode on Spotify
Click Here to listen to the episode on Stitcher
Click Here to access the transcript