Incorporating Breathwork with Dr. Sachin Patel
“Breathing is the most important thing we do that nobody taught us or trained us to do.” – Dr. Sachin Patel
Breathing plays a vital role in so many areas and aspects of our lives. More than just delivering oxygen to our mitochondria, correct breathing promotes healthy circulation, lymphatic flow, a healthy nervous system, and so much more.
Despite the profound effect that breathing has on our physiology, most of us pay little to no attention to it. The most profound shifts occur based on how we breathe for 99% of the day, so the most challenging work we need to do is raise our consciousness and constantly bring awareness to our breath.
Today, I’m joined by functional medicine practitioner Dr. Sachin Patel to talk about breathwork and its many benefits for your overall health. Dr. Sachin is convinced that “the doctor of the future is the patient” and has committed to helping others raise their consciousness, activate their inner doctor, and initiate their deepest healing through lifestyle and breathwork. Sachin founded The Living Proof Institute, pioneering a revolutionary approach to patient-centered healthcare.
In this conversation, Dr. Sachin and I discuss how we can start to develop our breath consciousness, the adverse effects of mouth breathing, how to use mouth tape to ensure nasal breathing, the impact of breathwork on energy levels, resources for improving your breathing, and more. Enjoy the episode!
About Dr. Sachin Patel
Dr. Sachin Patel is a father, husband, philanthropist, functional medicine practice success coach, speaker, author, breathwork facilitator, and plant medicine advocate. He is convinced that “the doctor of the future is the patient” and has committed himself to helping others raise their consciousness, activate their inner doctor, and initiate their deepest healing through lifestyle and breathwork. Sachin founded The Living Proof Institute, pioneering a revolutionary approach to patient-centered healthcare. Sachin coaches hundreds of practitioners around the world so that they are empowered to deliver affordable and inspired care to their communities through his Perfect Practice Mentorship Program. He is an advocate of transforming the healthcare paradigm and he has devoted his life to the betterment of health care for both patients and practitioners.
During this episode, you’ll learn about:
- Dr. Sachin’s journey from being a chiropractor to getting involved with breathwork
- How Dr. Sachin’s approach to healthcare has evolved over time
- Understanding the spectrum of breathing
- Why it’s essential to raise our awareness and consciousness of our breath throughout the day
- How our breath informs our physiology and emotions
- The various benefits of breathing correctly
- Three gears of appropriate breathing
- How to start increasing your lung capacity
- The importance of breathing through the nose for dental health, restorative sleep, and more
- Supporting your body to shift from habitual mouth breathing to nose breathing
- The problems associated with mouth breathing
- Benefits of mouth taping
- Why we need to be intuitive when it comes to our sleep
- Dr. Sachin’s tips for resetting your circadian rhythm
- Getting sunlight and using breathing techniques first thing in the morning
- Resources to help with understanding the importance of breathwork
Connect with Dr. Sachin Patel
- Dr. Sachin Patel’s Websites
- Dr. Sachin Patel’s Free Ultimate Breathwork Bundle | BreathworkWithSachin.com
- Dr. Sachin Patel on Facebook
- Dr. Sachin Patel on Instagram @TheSachinPatel
- Dr. Sachin Patel on LinkedIn
- FREE offer for Health Seekers | 30in30.org – Get 30 of Sachin’s best health tips all for FREE. Daily inspirational videos and emails to support your best health and wellness, all from the comfort of your home, by activating your inner doctor
- FREE offer for Functional Medicine Practitioners and Coaches | Dr. Sachin Patel’s Book: Perfect Practice: GetPerfectPractice.com – Learn the timeless principles of creating a practice that you love with love
Mentioned in this episode
Free resources for your thyroid health
Get your FREE Thyroid and Immune Health Restoration Action Points Checklist at SaveMyThyroidChecklist.com
Do You Want Help Saving Your Thyroid?
Click Here to access hundreds of free articles and blog posts.
Click Here for Dr. Eric’s YouTube channel
Click Here to join Dr. Eric’s Graves’ disease and Hashimoto’s group
Click Here to work with Dr. Eric
Listen to the episode on your favorite app
Click HereTo listen to this episode on Apple Podcasts
Click Here To listen to this episode on Spotify
Click Here to listen to the episode on Google Podcasts
Click Here To access the transcript for this episode