How to Reverse Osteopenia and Osteoporosis with Margie Bissinger
“We can eradicate osteoporosis if younger people were taking the steps to take care of their bones.” – Margie Bissinger
Osteoporosis is a life-changing condition that can be debilitating. In the United States, 50% of women and one out of four men will have a fracture due to osteoporosis in their lifetime. On top of that, once you have a hip fracture, almost 25% of people will die within a year because of complications, and a considerable number of the remaining people never return to their previous activity level.
The good news is that it’s preventable and treatable, and there’s so much you can do to optimize your bone health. It’s never too early and never too late to adjust your diet and lifestyle and prioritize the things that support strong and healthy bones.
Today, I’m joined by a repeat guest, Margie Bissinger, to talk about how to reverse osteoporosis and osteopenia. Margie and I discuss factors affecting bone health, how food sensitivities affect bone density, the importance of gut health, happiness, and exercise in maintaining bone health, Margie’s happiness habits, and more. Enjoy the episode!
About Margie Bissinger
Margie Bissinger, MS, PT, CHC, is a physical therapist, integrative health coach, and happiness trainer. She has over 25 years of experience helping people with osteoporosis and osteopenia improve their bone health through an integrative comprehensive approach.
She is the author of Osteoporosis: An Exercise Guide, as well as the upcoming More Natural Approaches to Osteoporosis and Bone Health Summit. Margie has lectured to Fortune 500 companies, government agencies, hospitals, and women’s groups throughout the country. She has been featured in the New York Times, Menopause Management, OB GYN News and contributed to numerous health and fitness books.
During this episode, you’ll learn about:
- Margie’s background and passion for helping people improve their bone health
- The shocking statistics about the number of people impacted by osteoporosis and osteopenia
- Differentiating between osteoporosis and osteopenia
- What’s contributing to the prevalence of low bone density
- Digging into the potential root causes of poor bone health
- The significance of micronutrients in maintaining strong and healthy bones
- Recognizing the correlation between your gut microbiome and your bones
- Margie’s favorite non-dairy sources of calcium
- Recommendations for bone density testing
- What research shows about how increasing happiness can positively impact bone health
- Putting the work in to develop happiness habits
- The importance of resistance training for optimizing your bone health
- Resources and tools you’ll learn about from Margie’s upcoming summit: More Natural Approaches to Osteoporosis and Bone Health
Connect with Margie Bissinger
- Register for the More Natural Approaches to Osteoporosis and Bone Health Summit: https://morebonehealth.byhealthmeans.com/?idev_id=1822
- Margie Bissinger’s Podcast | Happy Bones, Happy Life
- Margie Bissinger on Instagram @MargieBissinger
- Margie Bissinger’s Website | MargieBissinger.com
Mentioned in this episode
- Save My Thyroid
Free resources for your thyroid health
Get your FREE Thyroid and Immune Health Restoration Action Points Checklist at SaveMyThyroidChecklist.com
Do You Want Help Saving Your Thyroid?
Click Here to access hundreds of free articles and blog posts.
Click Here for Dr. Eric’s YouTube channel
Click Here to join Dr. Eric’s Graves’ disease and Hashimoto’s group
Click Here to work with Dr. Eric
Listen to the episode on your favorite app
Click Here To listen to this episode on Apple Podcasts
Click Here To listen to this episode on Spotify
Click Here To listen to the episode on Google Podcasts
Click Here To access the transcript for this episode