Herbs for Thyroid Health with Berris Burgoyne
Research shows that many herbs can be beneficial for patients with thyroid conditions. However, not all products are created equal.
When it comes to herbs, we must be cautious about the quality of the products we choose. Everything from how they’re grown to how they’re processed will impact their effectiveness. The goal of this episode is not to promote any particular brand of herbs but to clarify what to look for when it comes to high-quality herbal products.
For this conversation, I’m joined by Berris Burgoyne, a renowned naturopathic clinician with 33 years of experience. She owns and runs a naturopathic practice in Brisbane, Australia. She is a well-known international speaker and has lectured in Australia and New Zealand and has also lectured extensively in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and South Africa.
What sets Berris apart as a speaker and educator is her ability to take very complex technical data and transform it into practical clinical information that is easy to understand and apply. This, coupled with her extensive clinical experience, makes her an authoritative and dynamic presenter.
In this episode, Berris shares her extensive insights into herbal medicine, what to look for when selecting a product, the different herbs she uses with hyperthyroid and hypothyroid patients, why it’s essential to work with a qualified practitioner to find the herbs that are right for you, and more.
During this episode, you’ll learn about:
- Why Berris has always used the MediHerb brand of herbal medicine
- The many factors to consider when it comes to herbal quality
- Australia’s strict standards for herbal medicines and nutritional supplements
- It’s essential to be able to identify which part of the herb is being used
- Finding the right practitioner to guide your use of herbal medicine
- Ethanol vs. glycerol in herbal extracts
- Benefits of bugleweed for people with hyperthyroidism
- Why there’s no substitute for bugleweed
- Echinacea for people with autoimmune conditions
- Herbs that are beneficial for people with thyroid conditions
- What you need to know about consuming iodine
- Who should avoid ashwagandha?
- Extensive benefits of ashwagandha
- Why Berris believes adaptogens are the key herbs for most people
- Lemon balm for people with hyperthyroidism
Mentioned in this episode
- Save My Thyroid | Q&A Episode: Ashwagandha and Thyroid Health: Risks vs. Benefits
- Save My Thyroid | Q&A Episode: Is a Low Iodine Diet Necessary To Follow?
Free resources for your thyroid health
Get your FREE Thyroid and Immune Health Restoration Action Points Checklist at SaveMyThyroidChecklist.com
Do You Want Help Saving Your Thyroid?
Click Here to access hundreds of free articles and blog posts.
Click Here for Dr. Eric’s YouTube channel
Click Here to join Dr. Eric’s Graves’ disease and Hashimoto’s group
Click Here to work with Dr. Eric
Listen to the episode on your favorite app
Click Here To listen to this episode on Apple Podcasts
Click Here To listen to this episode on Spotify
Click Here to listen to the episode on Stitcher