Glutathione and Thyroid Autoimmunity
Glutathione plays an essential role in detoxification and maintaining healthy mitochondria.
As the master antioxidant, it’s vital for those of us with thyroid autoimmunity, which is characterized by an increase in oxidative stress.
Unfortunately, numerous lifestyle and environmental factors cause glutathione to be depleted.
Today I’m discussing the role of glutathione in your body, why it’s recommended for people with thyroid autoimmunity, environmental toxins and toxicants removed by glutathione, testing for glutathione, how to increase glutathione, and more.
During this episode, you’ll learn about:
- The role of glutathione in your body
- Factors that deplete glutathione
- Why glutathione is often recommended for people with thyroid autoimmunity
- What research shows about glutathione in thyroid eye disease patients
- How selenium can benefit people with Graves’ disease, thyroid eye disease, and Hashimoto’s
- Environmental toxins and toxicants removed by glutathione
- Testing for glutathione
- Functional reference ranges for indirect markers of glutathione
- How to increase glutathione through your diet and lifestyle
- Supplements that increase glutathione
Mentioned in this episode
Free resources for your thyroid health
Get your FREE Thyroid and Immune Health Restoration Action Points Checklist at SaveMyThyroidChecklist.com
Do You Want Help Saving Your Thyroid?
Click Here to access hundreds of free articles and blog posts.
Click Here for Dr. Eric’s YouTube channel
Click Here to join Dr. Eric’s Graves’ disease and Hashimoto’s group
Click Here to work with Dr. Eric
Listen to the episode on your favorite app
Click Here To listen to this episode on Apple Podcasts
Click Here To listen to this episode on Spotify
Click Here to listen to the episode on Stitcher