Functional Diagnostic Lab Testing with Reed Davis
There’s an entire constellation of healing opportunities waiting to be addressed once we know where to look.
While conventional doctors are often hyper-focused on symptom treatment, functional medicine zooms in on treating the root causes of the symptoms we experience. Similarly, functional testing is about getting information on interconnected body systems that collectively contribute to our symptoms.
Over 20 years ago, Functional Diagnostic Nutrition® founder Reed Davis worked in a lab, assessing patients’ test results. He was struck by how many people had been to practitioner after practitioner and had their symptoms dismissed because their lab results were “normal.” Deciding that there must be a better solution, Reed became an expert in analyzing alternative labs and created a system of investigation into the causal factors and healing opportunities, which are now an integral part of the protocols at Functional Diagnostic Nutrition®.
In this conversation, Reed and I take a deep dive into the different types of functional tests, his approach to testing, the pros and cons of each type, how various tests can be applied, and more. Enjoy the episode!
About Reed Davis
Reed Davis, Board Certified Holistic Health Practitioner (HHP) and Certified Nutritional Therapist (CNT) is an expert in functional lab testing and holistic lifestyle medicine. He is the Founder of Functional Diagnostic Nutrition® (FDN) and the FDN Certification Course with over 4,000 graduates in 50 countries. Reed served as the Health Director at a Wellness Center in Southern California for over ten years and, with over 10,000 clients, is known as one of the most experienced clinicians in his field. Reed serves on the Advisory Board of the American Natural Wellness Coaches Board and the American Association of Natural Wellness Coaches.
During this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why Reed started Functional Diagnostic Nutrition® (FDN)
- Understanding the H.I.D.D.E.N. stressors and dysfunctions
- The problem with chasing symptoms alone
- How multiple factors come together to cause Metabolic Chaos®
- The band-aid approach many conventional doctors use
- Pros and cons of different types of testing
- Identifying missed healing opportunities through saliva testing
- Reed’s perspective on adrenal testing
- Potential insights from multi-day testing for cycling women
- The primary markers to track when it comes to the immune system
- Why Reed recommends comprehensive stool testing for all clients
- What’s involved in the Metabolic Wellness Profile
- The FDN approach to food sensitivity testing and elimination
- Why it’s essential to test, not guess
- Incredible success stories from addressing food sensitivities
- Why it’s crucial to address the mental and emotional aspects of healing
Connect with Reed Davis
- Functional Diagnostic Nutrition® Website
- D.R.E.S.S for Health Success Guidebook
- FDN Lecture Series | Health Space Unmasked
- The Health Detective Podcast
Mentioned in the episode
Free resources for your thyroid health
Get your FREE Thyroid and Immune Health Restoration Action Points Checklist at SaveMyThyroidChecklist.com
Do You Want Help Saving Your Thyroid?
Click Here to access hundreds of free articles and blog posts.
Click Here for Dr. Eric’s YouTube channel
Click Here to join Dr. Eric’s Graves’ disease and Hashimoto’s group
Click Here to work with Dr. Eric
Listen to the episode on your favorite app
Click Here To listen to this episode on Apple Podcasts
Click Here To listen to this episode on Spotify
Click Here to listen to the episode on Stitcher
Click Here to access the transcript for this episode