FoodFrame… Diet is a 4-Letter Word with Risa Groux
You should eat according to your current health status.
Most of us know that there’s no single diet that’s a perfect match for everyone, and while I often refer to the AIP diet for those who have Graves’ Disease and Hashimoto’s, some people are not well-suited to that diet.
Risa Groux joins me to discuss her FoodFrame™ method and how it helps determine the best diet type for each person to follow. Risa is a Functional Nutritionist and Certified Autoimmune Coach who has always been passionate about nutrition and good health. Using functional nutrition guidelines, Risa looks at root causes and works with issues like diabetes, autoimmune disease, cancer, digestion, thyroid conditions, and hormone imbalances. She firmly believes that the body can heal itself with whole foods we obtain from the earth, and she’s living proof of that.
In this episode, we discuss Risa’s hypothyroidism diagnosis and recovery journey, her method for assessing your specific health status, the six major eating lifestyles, key considerations to keep in mind for each type, why treating SIBO is always a top priority, the benefits of drinking reverse osmosis water, Risa’s comprehensive approach to blood testing, and more.
During this episode, you’ll learn about:
- How Risa’s hypothyroidism diagnosis started her on a journey of digging into the root causes
- Recognizing that not every diet type is right for every person
- How Risa’s FoodFrame™ method works
- What you’ll learn in Risa’s book FoodFrame: Diet Is a Four-Letter Word
- How the four-step FoodFrame™ process supports your health
- Breaking down each of the six major eating lifestyles and the criteria for each one
- Liver congestion considerations before starting a keto diet
- Differences between a low lectin diet and AIP
- Advice for vegans and vegetarians with autoimmune conditions
- A SIBO treatment protocol is always the top priority, even with other chronic conditions
- Why Risa recommends drinking reverse osmosis water
- Numerous adverse effects of consuming sugar
- Risa’s comprehensive approach to blood testing and identifying root causes
- Supplement recommendations and the benefits of RGN Detox
- My recommendations for water filtration and testing for SIBO
Connect with Risa Groux
- Risa Groux’s Website | RisaGrouxNutrition.com
- Risa Groux’s Book | FoodFrame: Diet Is a Four-Letter Word
- Risa’s RGN Detox – Enter the coupon code “SMT10” to get a discount
- Risa Groux on Instagram | @RisaGrouxNutrition
- Risa Groux on TikTok | @risagrouxnutrition
- Risa Groux on Facebook | @risagrouxnutrition
Free resources for your thyroid health
Get your FREE Thyroid and Immune Health Restoration Action Points Checklist at SaveMyThyroidChecklist.com
Do You Want Help Saving Your Thyroid?
Click Here to access hundreds of free articles and blog posts.
Click Here for Dr. Eric’s YouTube channel
Click Here to join Dr. Eric’s Graves’ disease and Hashimoto’s group
Click Here to work with Dr. Eric
Listen to the episode on your favorite app
Click Here To listen to this episode on Apple Podcasts
Click Here To listen to this episode on Spotify
Click Here to listen to the episode on Stitcher