Q & A EPISODE
Does dairy need to be avoided in those with Graves’ disease and Hashimoto’s?
When it comes to diet and autoimmune thyroid conditions such as Graves’ disease and Hashimotos, you hear a lot about avoiding gluten. What surprises many patients is that we also often recommend avoiding dairy.
While dairy is associated with certain health benefits, there are also potentially negative consequences on your health.
Today I’m sharing the top reasons I recommend avoiding dairy and what research shows about the impact of dairy on the body.
During this episode, you’ll learn:
- Four reasons you should avoid conventional dairy
- Most types of milk, including organic, contains hormones
- Pasteurization removes valuable nutrients
- Homogenization might increase the risk of certain cardiovascular conditions
- The mTORC1 pathway plays a big role in the development and progression of numerous conditions
- How to find out if you have a dairy sensitivity
- The issues that can arise with beta-casein A1
- What to consider when it comes to drinking raw milk
- Dairy alternatives to consider
- How to get enough calcium without consuming dairy
As always, I hope you found this episode valuable, and I look forward to catching you in the next episode!
Mentioned in this episode
- Natural Endocrine Solutions Article | Should People With Graves’ Disease and Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis Avoid Dairy?
- Chris Kresser’s Article | Raw Milk Reality: Is Raw Milk Dangerous?
- Save My Thyroid | Episode 58: Increasing Bone Density with Kevin Ellis (the Bone Coach)
Free resources for your thyroid health
Get your FREE Thyroid and Immune Health Restoration Action Points Checklist at SaveMyThyroidChecklist.com
High-Quality Nutritional Supplements For Hyperthyroidism and Hashimoto’s
Have you checked out my new ThyroSave supplement line? These high-quality supplements can benefit those with hyperthyroidism and Hashimoto’s, and you can receive special offers, along with 10% off your first order, by signing up for emails and text messages when you visit ThyroSave.com.
Do You Want Help Saving Your Thyroid?
Click Here to access hundreds of free articles and blog posts.
Click Here for Dr. Eric’s YouTube channel
Click Here to join Dr. Eric’s Graves’ disease and Hashimoto’s group
Click Here to take the Thyroid Saving Score Quiz
Click Here to work with Dr. Eric
Listen to this episode on your favorite app
Follow or Subscribe for free to the Save My Thyroid podcast to stay up to date on the latest thyroid health-related topics.
Click Here To listen to this episode on Apple Podcasts
Click Here To listen to this episode on Spotify
Click Here to listen to the episode on Stitcher