Q & A EPISODE
Common Causes of Fatigue in Hyperthyroidism
Many people associate low thyroid hormone levels with low energy levels.
When I dealt with Graves’ Disease over ten years ago, I didn’t experience fatigue. If anything, my energy levels were maybe a little bit high. On the surface, it seems logical that if someone has hyperthyroidism, they have an increased metabolism and more energy. Still, in truth, a lot of people with hyperthyroidism have low energy levels for various reasons.
Today, I’m sharing the most common reasons people with high thyroid hormone levels can experience fatigue.
During this episode, you’ll learn about:
- #1: Anti-thyroid medication
- Sometimes, this can lower thyroid hormone levels to the point of hypothyroidism
- #2: Mitochondrial dysfunction
- Elevated thyroid hormones put a lot of stress on the mitochondria
- High levels of stress can lead to oxidative dysfunction
- #3: Adrenal imbalances
- Low cortisol or DHEA levels can result in low energy levels
- #4: Insufficient sleep
- Even one or two nights of insufficient sleep can cause lower energy levels
- #5: Nutrient deficiencies
- You need to explore why you are deficient in the first place
- #6: Stealth infections
- Common infections to be aware of
- Why you can’t rely on symptoms alone to identify whether you have an infection
- #7: Toxic mold
- It can be challenging to detect a mold issue
As always, I hope you found this episode valuable, and I look forward to catching you in the next episode!
Free resources for your thyroid health
Get your FREE Thyroid and Immune Health Restoration Action Points Checklist at SaveMyThyroidChecklist.com
High-Quality Nutritional Supplements For Hyperthyroidism and Hashimoto’s
Have you checked out my new ThyroSave supplement line? These high-quality supplements can benefit those with hyperthyroidism and Hashimoto’s, and you can receive special offers, along with 10% off your first order, by signing up for emails and text messages when you visit ThyroSave.com.
Do You Want Help Saving Your Thyroid?
Click Here to access hundreds of free articles and blog posts.
Click Here for Dr. Eric’s YouTube channel
Click Here to join Dr. Eric’s Graves’ disease and Hashimoto’s group
Click Here to take the Thyroid Saving Score Quiz
Click Here to work with Dr. Eric
Listen to this episode on your favorite app
Follow or Subscribe for free to the Save My Thyroid podcast to stay up to date on the latest thyroid health-related topics.
Click Here To listen to this episode on Apple Podcasts
Click Here To listen to this episode on Spotify
Click Here to listen to the episode on Google Podcasts