Cold Laser Therapy and Thyroid Health with Dr. Kirk Gair
Laser therapy supports the body on a cellular level. For decades, it has been used around the world for autoimmune conditions, cancer, thyroid conditions, and more. Research has shitsit’s potential for enhancing performance, helping with injury recovery, and accelerating the body’s healing process.
Today I’m joined by laser expert Dr. Kirk Gair to talk about the potential benefits of cold laser therapy for people with thyroid and autoimmune thyroid conditions. After seeing the results of laser therapy for treating his wife’s thyroid storm, Dr. Gair took a deep dive into the research and has helped countless people since.
In this episode, Dr. Gair and I talk about the research behind laser therapy, what sets it apart from other types of light therapy, what you need to know before choosing a provider, how different types of lasers work, and more. Dr. Gair also encourages a holistic approach, which includes optimizing diet and lifestyle alongside laser therapy. Enjoy the episode!
About Dr. Kirk Gair
Dr. Kirk Gair is an international laser expert who has been using lasers for 19 years and teaching laser therapy to doctors since 2017. His research recently led to the first FDA clearance for a green and violet laser for chronic neck and shoulder pain. He has been trained in functional medicine and neurology by his long-time friend Dr. Datis Kharrazian. He has also been featured in Dr. Izabella Wentz, the “Thyroid Pharamacist’s” documentary The Thyroid Secret, and her NYT best-selling book Thyroid Protocol.
During this episode, you’ll learn:
- Dr. Gair’s introduction to functional medicine and the healing power of lasers
- Shocking results from treating his cat’s pancreatitis and his wife’s thyroid
- How often Dr. Gair’s patients use laser therapy
- Research studies on laser therapy
- Potential benefits of laser therapy for hyperthyroidism and autoimmunity
- Different types of lasers and why they’re not all equally effective
- Effectiveness of LED versus laser therapy
- The safety of Class 2 lasers and how you can use them at home
- Critical considerations for using cold lasers or red light therapy
- Why thermal devices aren’t appropriate for thyroid treatments
- Laser treatment for eye conditions, thyroid nodules, and modulating the immune system
- How lasers can help with stress management and performance
- The potential for regeneration of joints and reversal of neurodegeneration
- What research shows about COVID-19 and its potential to trigger autoimmune reactions
- Potential benefits of cold laser therapy for thyroid regeneration and how it can speed up the healing process
Connect with Dr. Kirk Gair
Mentioned in this episode
- Find a Laser Provider near you
- Höfling DB, Chavantes MC, Buchpiguel CA, et al. Safety and Efficacy of Low-Level Laser Therapy in Autoimmune Thyroiditis: Long-Term Follow-Up Study. Int J Endocrinol. 2018;2018:8387530. Published 2018 Nov 4.
- Muse™ EEG-Powered Meditation & Sleep Headband
- Vojdani, Aristo et al. “Reaction of Human Monoclonal Antibodies to SARS-CoV-2 Proteins With Tissue Antigens: Implications for Autoimmune Diseases.” Frontiers in immunology vol. 11 617089. 19 Jan. 2021.
- Save My Thyroid | Episode 87: Castor Oil Packs and Thyroid Health with Carrie Vitt
Free resources for your thyroid health
Get your FREE Thyroid and Immune Health Restoration Action Points Checklist at SaveMyThyroidChecklist.com
Do You Want Help Saving Your Thyroid?
Click Here to access hundreds of free articles and blog posts.
Click Here for Dr. Eric’s YouTube channel
Click Here to join Dr. Eric’s Graves’ disease and Hashimoto’s group
Click Here to work with Dr. Eric
Listen to the episode on your favorite app
Click Here To listen to this episode on Apple Podcasts
Click Here To listen to this episode on Spotify
Click Here to listen to the episode on Stitcher
Click Here to access the transcript for this episode