Castor Oil Packs and Thyroid Health with Carrie Vitt
The lymphatic system is crucial in keeping our bodies healthy by helping eliminate waste products. Without a pump, it’s essential to support your lymphatic system by keeping it moving, and castor oil packs are a great way to do just that.
For centuries, castor oil packs have been used as a natural therapy on various parts of the body, from the liver to the abdomen, joints, and thyroid. The process is simple and starts with applying a piece of cloth soaked in castor oil to the skin. The pack is then covered with plastic wrap and a heat source, such as a hot water bottle, and left on for a specific time.
For this episode, I had the pleasure of interviewing Carrie Vitt about the incredible benefits of castor oil packs for thyroid health. Carrie is a Functional Nutritional Therapist at Our Well House and the publisher of the health and wellness site, Deliciously Organic. Carrie specializes in teaching how to use nutrition, detox therapies, and lifestyle changes for those with thyroid disease and autoimmunity.
In this conversation, Carrie and I explore how castor oil packs can benefit people with both hyperthyroidism and Hashimoto’s, how Carrie approaches iodine supplementation, the simple steps you can use to get started with castor oil packs, some of Carrie’s favorite essential oils to support both the thyroid and immune system, and more. Enjoy the episode!
During this episode, you’ll learn:
- How Carrie Vitt’s Hashimoto’s journey inspired her passion for helping others going through the same thing
- The role of the lymphatic system
- How castor oil packs work
- Why Carrie recommends starting castor oil packs over the liver first
- The numerous benefits of castor oil packs
- Specific considerations for people with hyperthyroidism or Graves’ disease
- Carrie’s general protocol for using castor oil packs on different parts of the body
- How Carrie approaches iodine supplementation
- Misconceptions about iodine
- How to make and use a castor oil pack
- When to avoid using castor oil packs
- How Carrie uses castor oil packs now that she’s in maintenance mode
- Using essential oils to support your thyroid
- Choosing different oils for different emotional states
Connect with Carrie Vitt
- Carrie Vitt’s Website | DeliciouslyOrganic.net
- Carrie Vitt’s Online Course | The Thyroid Support and Health Program [use our code THYROID10 to save 10%]
- Carrie Vitt on Instagram @CarrieVitt
Mentioned in the episode
- Dr. David Brownstein’s Book | Iodine: Why You Need It, Why You Can’t Live Without It
- dōTERRA | How to Choose a Blend
Free resources for your thyroid health
Get your FREE Thyroid and Immune Health Restoration Action Points Checklist at SaveMyThyroidChecklist.com
Do You Want Help Saving Your Thyroid?
Click Here to access hundreds of free articles and blog posts.
Click Here for Dr. Eric’s YouTube channel
Click Here to join Dr. Eric’s Graves’ disease and Hashimoto’s group
Click Here to work with Dr. Eric
Listen to the episode on your favorite app
Click Here To listen to this episode on Apple Podcasts
Click Here To listen to this episode on Spotify
Click Here to listen to the episode on Stitcher
Click Here to access the transcript for this episode