Can a Carnivore Diet Benefit Those with Thyroid Autoimmunity with Dr. Sabrina Solt
“Most people don’t eat near enough protein.” – Dr. Sabrina Solt
Although I don’t commonly recommend the carnivore diet to my patients, I’ve heard several success stories regarding autoimmunity. To help us explore this topic, I’m joined by Dr. Sabrina Solt, a naturopathic doctor and follower of the carnivore diet.
With her naturopathic background, it was hard for Dr. Sabrina to accept that plants weren’t the best route for her healing. But after trying the carnivore diet, her chronic health issues finally disappeared, and the results were undeniable.
Dr. Sabrina Solt is a naturopathic doctor located in Scottsdale, AZ. She practices regenerative and anti-aging medicine and uses carnivore and animal-based diets as part of her treatment protocols to heal everything from autoimmune disorders to chronic pain.
In this conversion, Dr. Sabrina and I talk about the fundamentals of the carnivore diet, myths we’ve been told about the necessity of plant-based foods in our diet, why we need to reframe our thoughts on cholesterol and saturated fats, the benefits she’s seen with her patients who have switched to a carnivore diet, and more. As always, after the episode, I share my take on some things we discuss in the interview. Enjoy the episode!
During this episode, you’ll learn about:
- How Dr. Sabrina’s transition to a carnivore diet massively benefitted her health
- The fundamentals of a carnivore diet
- How the carnivore diet compares to other popular diets
- Why mineral supplementation is critical
- Breaking the common myths we’ve been told about fiber
- Essential nutrients are more bioavailable in animal protein versus plant-based protein
- Key points to note when it comes to meat preparation
- How the carnivore diet effectively transforms your insulin response
- The argument for ketosis as our preferred state
- Why you shouldn’t worry about eating too much meat
- What you need to know about The Randle Cycle
- Bringing autoimmune conditions into remission with the carnivore diet
- Dr. Sabrina’s recommendations for the types of meat to include
- Addressing concerns about saturated fats and cholesterol
- Thoughts on organ meats and bone broth
- Exercising on the carnivore diet
- Dr. Sabrina’s viral carnivore pizza
- How you can get started with the carnivore diet
- Why it might be worth it to reduce oxalates
- Dr. Eric’s take on fiber, organ meats, supplementation, and pizza
Connect with Dr. Sabrina Solt
- Dr. Sabrina Solt’s Website | DrSabrinaSolt.com
- Dr. Sabrina Solt on Instagram @DrSolt
- Dr. Sabrina Solt’s Facebook Group | Carnivore – Harder. Happier. Healthier.
- Carnivore H3 on YouTube
- Oyster Boom™ Supplement – use Dr. Sabrina’s coupon code Solt for a discount
Mentioned in the episode
- Dr. Anthony Chaffee on YouTube
- Save My Thyroid | Episode 57: The Benefits of Intermittent Fasting with Cynthia Thurlow
- Quinton® Hypertonic and Isotonic mineral supplements
- Doctor Kitlz’s Article | Fiber Myths and Truths: Do We Really Need Fiber?
- Otto Wilde Grillers
- Professor Bart Kay on YouTube
- Dr. Shawn Baker’s Book | Carnivore Diet
- Organ Synergy™ Supplement
Free resources for your thyroid health
Get your FREE Thyroid and Immune Health Restoration Action Points Checklist at SaveMyThyroidChecklist.com
Do You Want Help Saving Your Thyroid?
Click Here to access hundreds of free articles and blog posts.
Click Here for Dr. Eric’s YouTube channel
Click Here to join Dr. Eric’s Graves’ disease and Hashimoto’s group
Click Here to work with Dr. Eric
Listen to the episode on your favorite app
Click Here To listen to this episode on Apple Podcasts
Click Here To listen to this episode on Spotify
Click Here to listen to the episode on Stitcher
Click Here to access the written transcript