Q & A EPISODE
Beyond Thyroid Blood Tests
There are so many great tests out there that can give us so much information on our health. While it might seem like a great idea to do everything, it’s best to prioritize the tests we really need.
When working with patients, it’s my job to help each person make an informed decision. There are some tests I commonly recommend and others I’ll suggest based on their cases.
Today, I’m sharing the tests I most commonly recommend to my patients and the other tests that sometimes provide helpful insights and when and why I would recommend them.
During this episode, you’ll learn about:
- The standard tests I commonly recommend and why
- Thyroid panel recommendations: TSH, free T3, free T4, thyroid stimulating immunoglobulins, thyroid peroxidase antibodies, antithyroglobulin antibodies
- Blood test recommendations: vitamin D, full iron panel, vitamin B12, complete blood count, comprehensive metabolic panel, lipid panel, HbA1c, fasting insulin, hs-CRP, homocysteine
- Additional tests: IgG, IgM, IgA, uric acid, RBC magnesium, RBC zinc, copper, sex hormone binding globulin, leptin, prolactin, progesterone, estradiol, estrone, total estrogens, free and total testosterone, FSH, LH, viral markers, H. pylori, celiac panel, fatty acid profile
- Why I often recommend adrenal testing and how the results determine the treatment plan
- Saliva versus dried urine (DUTCH) testing
- Benefits and limitations of hair mineral analysis testing
- My thoughts on food sensitivity testing
- What we can learn from comprehensive stool testing and organic acids testing
- Testing for SIBO, chronic infections, and toxins
- My approach to genetic testing
As always, I hope you found this episode valuable, and I look forward to catching you in the next episode!
Mentioned in this episode
Free resources for your thyroid health
Get your FREE Thyroid and Immune Health Restoration Action Points Checklist at SaveMyThyroidChecklist.com
High-Quality Nutritional Supplements For Hyperthyroidism and Hashimoto’s
Have you checked out my new ThyroSave supplement line? These high-quality supplements can benefit those with hyperthyroidism and Hashimoto’s, and you can receive special offers, along with 10% off your first order, by signing up for emails and text messages when you visit ThyroSave.com.
Do You Want Help Saving Your Thyroid?
Click Here to access hundreds of free articles and blog posts.
Click Here for Dr. Eric’s YouTube channel
Click Here to join Dr. Eric’s Graves’ disease and Hashimoto’s group
Click Here to take the Thyroid Saving Score Quiz
Click Here to work with Dr. Eric
Listen to this episode on your favorite app
Follow or Subscribe for free to the Save My Thyroid podcast to stay up to date on the latest thyroid health-related topics.
Click Here To listen to this episode on Apple Podcasts
Click Here To listen to this episode on Spotify
Click Here to listen to the episode on Stitcher