Balance Your Hormones By Fasting and Keeping the Faith with Dr. Tabatha Barber
“Your body has an innate ability to heal.” – Dr. Tabatha Barber
For many people living a typical Western lifestyle, high levels of stress have become a chronic issue. But while your mind might feel like you’re handling that overactive life, your physiology can’t. Your body responds with a chemical reaction whenever you’re in a stressful, sympathetic state.
We must take responsibility for our daily activities since they directly impact our health. That means being more mindful of how we live and recognizing that we have way more control over our health than we might think.
Today, I’m joined by Dr. Tabatha Barber to talk about how fasting and faith can help shift your body into a parasympathetic state. Dr. Barber believes that when you’re eating around the clock, your body doesn’t get the chance to heal as much as it could, and by fasting, you can divert those resources to where they need to go.
In this conversation, Dr. Barber and I discuss her insights on how gut inflammation can affect conditions like endometriosis, the role of gut bacteria in estrogen metabolism, the impact of fasting on adrenal function, why fasting can be beneficial for thyroid and autoimmune conditions, why she believes in integrating spirituality and mindfulness in health and wellness, and more. Enjoy the episode!
About Dr. Tabatha Barber
Dr. Tabatha Barber’s remarkable journey from adversity to triumph has transformed her into a beacon of light for women. As she shared in her first published book titled, “From White Trash to White Coat,” her challenges with self-esteem and becoming a teenage mother ignited her quest to give women a voice and another choice when it comes to their health and well-being.
Dr. Tabatha Barber is triple board-certified in obstetrics and gynecology, menopause, and functional medicine. She has the unique situation of being licensed to practice medicine in over half the country, so you now have the ability to work with a functional provider virtually. She hosts ‘The Gutsy Gynecologist Show’ and has pioneered the Gutsy Gyn supplement line, prioritizing gut health and hormone balance.
Her most impactful creation, ‘Fast to Faith: a 40-Day Awakening,’ empowers women to regain control over their health. With the release of the ‘Fast to Faith’ book, this transformative program becomes accessible to all. This reconnection of body, mind, and soul paves the path for women to realize their purpose in life. Dr. Tabatha Barber’s mission is a compelling call to action for all women seeking health, wholeness, and transformation.
During this episode, you’ll learn about:
- Dr. Barber’s desire to heal herself started her journey from traditional obstetrics and gynecology to functional medicine
- Recognizing that the Western medical system was developed to treat disease, not for health and wellness
- Why many women aren’t eating enough healthy fats and protein
- Retraining your body to burn fat for fuel instead of sugar for fuel
- The relationship between fasting and gut healing
- Potential benefits of fasting for those with thyroid and autoimmune conditions
- The connection between gut health and hormonal conditions
- Why it’s essential to heal the gut to address endometriosis, fibroids, and several fertility issues
- The impact of gut bacteria on estrogen metabolism
- Dr. Barber’s comprehensive testing approach
- Why fasting is not appropriate for someone in late stage adrenal dysfunction
- Nurturing yourself into the parasympathetic mode
- The critical distinction between how your mind and your physiology handle chronic stress
- How mindfulness, stress management, and spirituality impact overall health and healing
- Why shifting into a state of gratitude makes a massive positive change in your thoughts, emotions, and physical health
- Dr. Barber’s process of future gazing with God
- Choosing to believe in your body’s innate ability to heal and make positive change
- Specific circumstances where fasting may not be the appropriate choice
- Praying as a form of mind-body medicine and stress management
Connect with Dr. Tabatha Barber
- FREE GUIDE: The Gutsy Gynecologist’s Guide to Balancing Your Hormones
- Dr. Tabatha Barber’s Book | Fast to Faith: A 40-Day Awakening: Reconnect Your Body, Mind and Soul for Lasting Weight Loss, Sustained Energy, and Unstoppable Strength
- Dr. Tabatha Barber’s Website | DrTabatha.com
- Dr. Tabatha Barber on Instagram @TheGutsyGynecologist
- Dr. Tabatha Barber on TikTok @TheGutsyGynecologist
- Dr. Tabatha Barber on Facebook @DrTabatha
- Dr. Tabatha Barber on YouTube @TheGutsyGynecologist
Mentioned in this episode
Free resources for your thyroid health
Get your FREE Thyroid and Immune Health Restoration Action Points Checklist at SaveMyThyroidChecklist.com
Do You Want Help Saving Your Thyroid?
Click Here to access hundreds of free articles and blog posts.
Click Here for Dr. Eric’s YouTube channel
Click Here to join Dr. Eric’s Graves’ disease and Hashimoto’s group
Click Here to work with Dr. Eric
Listen to the episode on your favorite app
Click HereTo listen to this episode on Apple Podcasts
Click Here To listen to this episode on Spotify
Click Here to listen to the episode on Google Podcasts