Addressing Insulin Resistance and Thyroid Hormone Resistance with Dr. Ritamarie Loscalzo
You won’t get very far if you’re working on a thyroid problem but ignoring your blood sugar. You must address both.
Many people have heard of insulin resistance, but not as many people are familiar with thyroid hormone resistance. Today, the Institute of Nutritional Endocrinology founder, Dr. Ritamarie Loscalzo, is joining me to talk about insulin and thyroid resistance.
Dr. Ritamarie is passionately committed to transforming our broken, disease-focused system into a true health care system where every practitioner is skilled at finding the root cause of health challenges and uses the wisdom of nature combined with modern scientific research to restore balance.
In this episode, we talk about how Dr. Ritamarie went from a career in tech to health and wellness, the role of insulin in our bodies and how insulin resistance develops, metabolic flexibility, her recommendations for testing, contributing factors to thyroid resistance, how you can take charge of your health, and more. This was a terrific interview; you might even take some notes.
About Dr. Ritamarie Loscalzo
Dr. Ritamarie Loscalzo is the founder of the Institute of Nutritional Endocrinology and a licensed Doctor of Chiropractic with Certifications in Acupuncture, Nutrition, Herbal Medicine, and HeartMath®, and specializes in digestion, thyroid, adrenal, and insulin imbalances. Dr. Ritamarie is also a master at using palate-pleasing, whole fresh food as medicine and is a best-selling author, speaker, and internationally recognized nutrition and functional health authority with over 30 years of clinical experience. Her podcast, Reinvent Healthcare, provides health and wellness practitioners around the globe to be part of the movement to provide root-cause care to people in need.
During this episode, you’ll learn about:
- How Dr. Ritamarie’s frustrating journey to find her diagnosis led her to a new career
- The role of insulin in our bodies and how insulin resistance develops
- What it means to be metabolically flexible
- The effect of metabolic unwellness on the thyroid
- Insights from using a continuous glucose monitor
- Common causes of insulin resistance
- The problem with how modern life triggers our physiological stress response
- Why you shouldn’t let genetics alone define your health
- Dr. Ritamarie’s recommendations for testing and functional ranges
- Ways you can be empowered and take charge of your health
- Understanding thyroid resistance and how it presents on a panel
- Contributing factors to thyroid resistance
- Why we must identify and address the underlying causes
- Getting the right balance of exercise to support blood sugar balance
- Who can benefit from intermittent fasting?
Connect with Dr. Ritamarie Loscalzo
- Dr. Ritamarie Loscalzo on Facebook | DrRitamarieLoscalzo
- Dr. Ritamarie Loscalzo on Instagram | @DrRitamarie
- Dr. Ritamarie Loscalzo on YouTube | Functional Health and Nutrition with Dr Ritamarie
- Dr. Ritamarie Loscalzo’s Website | DrRitamarie.com
- Dr. Ritamarie Loscalzo’s Website for Practitioners | INEmethod.com
- Dr. Ritamarie Loscalzo’s Podcast | Reinvent Healthcare
- Dr. Ritamarie Loscalzo’s SHINE Conference
Free resources for your thyroid health
Get your FREE Thyroid and Immune Health Restoration Action Points Checklist at SaveMyThyroidChecklist.com
Listen to the episode on your favorite app
Click Here To listen to this episode on Apple Podcasts
Click Here To listen to this episode on Spotify
Click Here to listen to the episode on Stitcher
Click Here to access the transcript for this episode