10 Tips For Those Recently Diagnosed With Hyperthyroidism
Over the years, I’ve worked with many patients with hyperthyroidism/Graves’ disease.
Most of us had a similar trajectory of going to our medical doctor with our symptoms and getting a diagnosis before being referred to an endocrinologist who recommends anti-thyroid medication, radioactive iodine, or thyroid surgery.
While there is a time and place for conventional medical treatment, many of us also recognize the need to go deeper and address the root cause of these conditions.
Today I’m discussing my top ten tips for everyone with hyperthyroidism and resources you can use on your thyroid healing journey. Whether you’ve been recently diagnosed or have been dealing with hyperthyroidism for a few years, I’m sure you will benefit from the information shared.
During this episode, you’ll learn about:
- Tip #1: Keep an open mind
- Remember, there are natural treatment options outside of conventional medicine
- Tip #2: Stay safe while addressing the underlying causes of your condition
- Symptom management is essential while trying to restore your health
- Elevated thyroid levels affect bone density, resting heart rate, and more
- Episode 2: Conventional Symptom Management for Hyperthyroidism & Graves’ Disease
- Episode 3: Natural Symptom Management for Hyperthyroidism/Graves’ Disease
- Tip #3: Don’t feel pressured into radioactive iodine or thyroid surgery
- Endocrinologists, family, and friends may try to scare or pressure you into conventional treatment
- Tip #4: Graves’ disease is primarily an immune system condition
- It’s crucial to do things to improve the health of your immune system
- Tip #5: Common causes of multinodular goiter include problems with estrogen metabolism and insulin resistance
- Episode 47: Estrogen Is a B*tch with Kate Vasquez
- Episode 53: Addressing Insulin Resistance and Thyroid Hormone Resistance with Dr. Ritamarie Loscalzo
- Addressing the root cause is essential
- Why I don’t recommend iodine across the board
- Tip #6: Start with cleaning up your diet if you’re taking a natural treatment approach
- It’s critical to eat an anti-inflammatory diet
- Foundational guidelines for a clean diet
- Tip #7: Stress is a significant factor in the development of Graves’ disease
- I didn’t realize how big a problem it was for me until I did adrenal testing
- Recognize that both physical and emotional stress can be triggers
- Block out at least five minutes per day for stress management
- There are many different mind-body medicine practices you can use
- Tip #8: Take advantage of my free resources for people with hyperthyroidism
- There are many resources available for you on my website NaturalEndocrineSolutions.com and my podcast Save My Thyroid
- Some articles to get you started:
- 5 Hyperthyroidism Diet Tips | Natural Endocrine Solutions
- 5 Precautions To Take When Reversing Hyperthyroidism Naturally
- Is Hyperthyroidism Causing Your Frozen Shoulder? | Natural Endocrine Solutions
- 5 Things To Know About Thyroid Eye Disease | Natural Endocrine Solutions
- Toxic Multinodular Goiter vs. Graves’ Disease | Natural Endocrine Solutions
- Tip #9: Read my book Natural Treatment Solutions for Hyperthyroidism and Graves’ Disease.
- Tip #10: Be cautious about self-treating your condition
- There’s quite a risk when doing it on your own
- The benefits of working with a natural healthcare practitioner who is experienced in hyperthyroidism
- In most cases, it’s very challenging to identify and remove your triggers without any assistance
Mentioned in this episode
- Natural Endocrine Solutions | Blog Posts
- Save My Thyroid Podcast
- Dr. Eric Osansky’s Book | Natural Treatment Solutions for Hyperthyroidism and Graves’ Disease
Free resources for your thyroid health
Get your FREE Thyroid and Immune Health Restoration Action Points Checklist at SaveMyThyroidChecklist.com
Do You Want Help Saving Your Thyroid?
Click Here to access hundreds of free articles and blog posts.
Click Here for Dr. Eric’s YouTube channel
Click Here to join Dr. Eric’s Graves’ disease and Hashimoto’s group
Click Here to work with Dr. Eric
Listen to the episode on your favorite app
Click Here To listen to this episode on Apple Podcasts
Click Here To listen to this episode on Spotify
Click Here to listen to the episode on Stitcher